Sunday, July 6, 2008

How To Obtain Wisdom From God

This sermon affected me deeply. Some of you know that I am going to Seattle tomorrow. We kind of have some family issues; and I needed to hear this. This sermon is in James 1:5-8. This is a very good one. Actually, I really like everything in James. It's a very good book of the bible. (Oh, this doesn't mean some of the books in the bible are bad:)


The first thing we will see in James 1:5 is the sentence, "If any of you lacks wisdom,". This doesn't mean really if, as in someone doesn't have Wisdom and others do. The Old Testament meaning of this phrase is SENSE you lack no wisdom. Does that make it easier??? The second thing we will see How To Obtain Wisdom From God is ask.


Ask who? Why God of course. Who else can give you Full Wisdom??? Anyway, moving on to the full passage. James: 1:5-8:" 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." Then you will notice James pronounces God as a giving God.


The word Generously after that means without any strings attatched to it. In another words, there is nothing that you have to repay him. In the vision of Our World, or The Worldly View is that if you give someone something, they have to repay you with something. From God, you don't have to do anything in pay back. And when you ask him the second time, he does it without reproach. Confussed??? I was at that moment. Then Wayne explained. Reproach = Saying when someone comes back to ask you to give them something, you say, Oh darnet! Why are you bothering me??? That is the same as Reproach.


Then if you ask, it will be given to you. But then you read the next couple of words. Let him ask in faith. This means that you are asking in faith and you believe that you are going to recieve it and it he is real. God is real! Also ask without doubting. In this case, ask without thinking God probably won't do this. or, "Man, you know, I'm not sure whether or not i believe in this guy that he will give me wisdom. Oh well, God give me wisdom please." Now, I think I know this, but I think that sounds unreal. And litterally, the picture of him being like a wave tossed and frought by the wind. This person or you, is not sure whether if you should go to jesus or stay on evil.


This is one thing i know though. You'd want to definitely be with God in the long run. To deal with these trials, sufferings and testings, we need God's Wisdom. I have tried several times by myself. I've had a good experience. Don't do it. You'll turn up like the man who is tossed in the sea. And to live life for the Glory Of Our God, we need wisdom. Ask for wisdom. Fall on your knees. Beg for Jesus to give you wisdom. This happened to me as Wayne called for us people who are going through sufferings and testings to come up and prayed. I begged fr Jesus to come into me with his wisdom.


Sure enough, I was filled with wisdom. I was so happy for God answering my prayers this morning before church. I was so happy that my eyes flooded. It really is a good feeling to be filled with Jesus's wisdom.

So, ASK GOD TO COME AND BRING WISDOM WITHOUT DOUBT!


And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. This is Hebrews 11:6 by the way.

I hope this made you feel positive with wisdom the way I felt this morning.

Leemac Over 'n Out.
Oh, If you're Joe, or you're somebody who has read the first chapter of my book, the third chapter is below this post.

No comments: