Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Hope Of The Suffering

This sermon at Grace today was from a man known to Soveriegn Grace Ministries as Jeff Pursell. He is a head at the pastors college. He did a very good job and he captured my heart. He; from my perspective; was talking to me.


Psalm 13:1: "How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me?" Take a look at that for a second. He said "How long O Lord?" from this, I get that he has journeyed far. He is tired and desperate. "How long will you forget Me?" Look at that. So, now David is thinking God has forgotten him. Then, you see the next question. God can't look at him, and is hiding from him.


Psalm 13:2: "2 How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day?How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?" So when he says the first part, he's really meaning, How long do I have to wait? And then, How long will my enemy be leaving me in defeat?


Psalm 13:3: "3 Consider and answer me, O Lord my God;light up my eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death," This is a good one. Note: "Consider and answer me,". Right here, he is saying, Look at me. He is wanting Eye Contact. Then, he says Answer me. Right here, he means He wants God to show his face.


Psalm 13:4-6:"4 lest my enemy say, “I have prevailed over him,”lest my foes rejoice because I am shaken.
5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.6 I will sing to the Lord,because he has dealt bountifully with me." In 5, you will see two things. 1= God has steadfast love; he will grip you and you cannot get out of it. 2= God can and will save his people. That is what Salvation is. The Lord has dealt Bountifully with my sin.




He also said earlier, this is for you, if you feel this: "That you're influence is dying, Your love is margining down, Hear this." This is really me. I also felt exactly how David did. I feel like God has been hiding himself from me for the past several days. Because of this message, I felt as if God were answering my prayers. And, another prayer he has answered= A foe is moving away in a couple of weeks. When you feel suffering, you'll want to jolt annger at God. Don't jostle it at him. Go to him and confess and repent.


In trouble, do this. I've found out that it really works. Beg the spirit to come down and fall on you. Focus and concentrate. Ask him to come into your heart and help you with issues. I did this today at the prayer after. The LORD came down to me. The Lord came. He will again. And again. And again.



Leemac Over 'n Out

P.S. Have you ever felt this before?

No comments: